Candidates may use the services of the following recruiting agencies:
- Recruiting agency for candidates from Scandinavian countries, Spain, Israel, United Kingdom and Northern Ireland, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg – Adam Kiełpiński Tolles Consulting
- Recruiting agency for candidates from USA and Canada – Hope Medical Institute
- Recruiting agency for candidates from Arabian Peninsula, Turkey and Iran – Avicenna’s International Group Sp. z o. o. – e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Recruiting agency for candidates from Scandinavian countries, Israel and Spain – EduPlanet higher education
- Recruiting agency for candidates from Great Britain – Boniface Sp. z o. o.
- Recruiting agency for candidates from China, Taiwan, Thailand, Myanmar, Vietnam, Australia and New Zealand – Lin’s international Consultants Corp
In order to apply for admission to the Medical University of Silesia trough Recruiting Agency please submit your complete application to one of the above given agencies.
NOTE: Resignation from the services of the recruiting agency will not influence student’s status at the university.
Candidates seeking admission to the 1st year of English language medical program are required to submit the following documents:
- original or notarized copy of high school diploma,
- original copy of high school transcript (applies to candidates who completed high school outside Poland),
- Application Form (sample approved by the University),
- identification document (to be presented for verification),
- 3 photos – required ID or passport photos, with candidate’s name and surname signed on the back of the photo,
- certificate documenting English language fluency level,
- receipt of registration fee payment in the amount of 85 PLN – account number,
- health certificate confirming no objections to take up studies in respective fields,
- original or notarized copy of college diploma (applies to candidates who apply for graduate programs).
- Apostille – in the case when the document specified in item 1 or 9 was issued by an institution operating in the educational system of a Hague Convention Contracting country, as of October 5th, 1961, which waives the requirement of legalization of foreign government documents.
- an approval of high school transcript or diploma specified in item 1 or 9 – in the case of documents not recognized in Poland by operation of law, issued in a country with which Republic of Poland did not signed a mutual educational document recognition contract, or a document from a country with which Poland has the above-mentioned contract but the document is not covered in it.
NOTE: Based on the Study Regulations of the Medical University of Silesia in Katowice, students successfully admitted to the 1st year of medical program are entitled to apply for recognition of their qualifications obtained during previous higher education and upgrade to higher study level, upon the Dean’s approval. Dean’s opinion in this regard is to be made based on the verification of the following documents submitted as an attachment to the Application Form:
- original copy of premedical/paramedical college or university transcript,
- original or notarized copy of premedical/paramedical college or university diploma (applies to candidates who graduated from college or university),
- official document stating the legal status of college or university (state/private college or university, granted accreditation, body accrediting higher education),
- document certifying a passing score in MCAT exam (applies to candidates from USA).
Upon satisfactory verification of the above listed admission documents, candidates MUST attempt an oral entrance examination in English language. The date of the examination will be established by the Admission Committee based on the declaration in the Application Form. Final result obtained in the entrance examination determines candidate’s admission to the English language program.
During the examination candidate’s knowledge will be evaluated in the following fields of study, as per candidate’s choice:
- biology and chemistry, or
- biology and physics, or
- chemistry and physics on Polish high school level
In order to prepare for the entrance examination please review the following SYLLABUS.
Candidates will be admitted to the English language program based on a ranking list. Result obtained in the entrance examination will determine candidate’s position in the ranking list. Ranking list will be announced on the website after the last date of the entrance examination. IMPORTANT NOTE: please mind your candidate number to monitor your position in the ranking list.