Procedure of approving clinical rotations in foreign hospitals
- Student applying for clinical rotation in affiliated hospital outside of Poland submits an appropriate application to the Dean (sample attached). In case of students applying for clinical rotations in hospitals located in the US, the proof of USMLE Step 1 passing score should be attached to the application.
- Dean verifies the application and gives his opinion based on student’s academic progress and study program.
- Dean’s written opinion is forwarded to the attention of student.
- Dean’s positive opinion of the application (specifying name of rotation, name and address of hospital as well as dates of attendance) gives student the possibility for further applying for clinical rotations to be processed and scheduled by the coordinating institution in appropriate country. Number of available spots at affiliated hospitals is limited therefore successful placement according to student’s application can not be guaranteed.
- Coordinating institution prepares the schedule of rotations taking into consideration all important circumstances and based on availability. The schedule if available, is forwarded by the coordinating institutuion to the attention of the Dean who makes the overall verification and takes the final decision of student’s participation in clinical rotations at foreign hospitals.
Doctor Sham Cader, MD is a General Practitioner for English language program students enrolled at the School of Medicine in Katowice, Medical University of Silesia.
Doctor Cader can be reached at:
Phone: +48 602 446 444
All students enrolled in the English language program at the School of Medicine in Katowice, Medical University of Silesia must get (at their own expense) the insurance policy for the whole period of study.
Health insurance and emergency medical procedures insurance is obligatory for all students attending classes/clinical rotations in Poland.
|Emergency from mobile phone||112|
|District police station||+48 (32) 200 3800|
|District police officer|| +48 600208538 or
+48 (32) 200 3840
In cases pertaining to aggresive behaviour towards forein students please contact Doctor Sham Cader at
Visa / permanent residency card procedures
All foreign students are obliged to apply for a student visa, which can be issued at the Embassies or Consulates of the Republic of Poland situated on the territory of their native countries.
Upon arrival to Poland without visa all foreign students are required to arrange their Residency Permit Card formalities immediately.
Due to complex and time-consuming procedure of applying for the Residency Permit Card (round 2 months) it is more convenient to apply for a student visa in your own country.
Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:
- 3 copies of application form (completed in Polish language)
- 4 color photos sized 4.5 cm / 3.5 cm (forward-facing head shots)
- 2 photocopies of passport
- documents certifying source of income (loan certificate or bank statement)
- Dean’s letter certifying the educational status
- documents certifying no tax arrears in Poland
- copy of Medical Insurance Certificate