Friday, December 15, 2017
Text Size
Vinaora Nivo Slider

Visa / permanent residency card procedures

All foreign students are obliged to apply for a student visa, which can be issued at the Embassies or Consulates of the Republic of Poland situated on the territory of their native countries.

Upon arrival to Poland without visa all foreign students are required to arrange their Residency Permit Card formalities immediately.

Due to complex and time-consuming procedure of applying for the Residency Permit Card (round 2 months) it is more convenient to apply for a student visa in your own country.

Students applying for a Residency Permit Card in Poland are required to submit the following documents:

  • 3 copies of application form (completed in Polish language)
  • 4 color photos sized 4.5 cm / 3.5 cm (forward-facing head shots)
  • 2 photocopies of passport
  • documents certifying source of income (loan certificate or bank statement)
  • Dean’s letter certifying the educational status
  • documents certifying no tax arrears in Poland
  • copy of Medical Insurance Certificate


All documents must be translated into Polish language by a sworn translator.
Original documents should be accessible for review.

Application must be submitted at least 45 days prior to the expiration date of the current Residency Permit Card, Visa or EU Border Crossing Stamp.

Students themselves are obliged to observe the deadlines of documents submission.

Please be notified that there is no possibility to issue or extend visa on the territory of Poland.
If you need to get your visa extended you should get in touch with Polish Embassy or Consulate in your own country. In Poland you can only apply for the Residency Permit Card.